Masala Chai

I live in tropical-humid country where I can experience both warm and rain all times. Its raining now in my place. I am getting bored of usual tea. So I added some spices  and giving you the recipe for Masala chai.





Ingredients


Milk - 100ml
Water - 200ml
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Tea powder - 1 tsp
Tea Masala - 1/4 tsp


Tea Masala


Cinnamon stick - 1
Dry Ginger powder - 11/2 tsp
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 3
Tejpata (Bay leaves) -1
Nut meg powder - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp

Dry roast all the above ingredients in a low flame for 1-2 minutes, powder these mixture and store it in an airtight container.


Method


  • In a milk pan, add 200ml of water and 2 tbsp of sugar,  boil it for few minutes.
  • Add the tea leaves and Masala powder (1/4tsp).
  • When the concoction mixture starts boiling, remove it from the flame, add the milk to the pan and bring it to boil in a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
  • Stir and filter using tea strainer and serve hot.


Comments

  1. got to see flavourful masala chai at my tea time...so tempting...tea cup is cute:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts