Poori Masala

Poori Kilangu (Poori Masala) !!


This fried Indian bread is my alltime favourite. It is long pending for me to try authentic poori masala. My mom used to make it excellent as how hotels will do. I learn this recipe when she came to my place last time. Today I prepared this as my saturday brunch and am giving you the recipe here.It goes well with Poori and roti.


Ingredients :


Potato - 2 to 3
Onion - 2
Tomato -1
Ginger - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli - 2
Channa dhal - 1 tbsp
Urad dhal - 1/4 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbsp
Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp

Method :


Pressure cook the potatoes and peel off the skin. Cut the potatos into cubes and keep it aside.

Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds, channa dhal ,urad dhal, green chillis, ginger, onion curry leaves, tomato, turmeric powder and saute it for a while till the raw smell goes off.

Now add the diced potatoes and half a cup of water & cover it to cook for a while. (If required mash the potato using the laddle). Cook it under low flame for 2-3 mins.

Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with Poories !!




Comments

Popular Posts